Distribuir contenido

Guild Interest Weekends!

155 respuestas [Último envío]
Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007

If you can cover 14:00 to 16:00 that would work better for me anyway, Lunanne.

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

I can come anyway XD

I'm afraid I can't help you out Marten, since that would be around midnight for me. Still, if I am awake i'll go. 

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 19 2008

I'd like to thank everyone who participated to this first Guild interest Weekend! It has been a good weekend, we had some interesting discussion while in Kirel and we got some people interested in the Guilds.

It seemed to me that we were also the most present group there, in terms on periods of time and number of representants online at the same time (we were in 4 Saturday :D)

Great work Messengers!

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008

It was definitely fun, althoug my recruiting skills lack any kalypso magic ;-)

Also very good to keep in touch with the other guilds and groups, and what's going on, great discussions went on at some times.

I hope this gets to be a regular event :-)

And I didn't know Kirel was such a new player spawning point...

grtz, blutec

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a
se unió: Feb 16 2010

Hey guys i am back again form weekend .

I hope i can now finaly know when and where is the meeting place and if it is the next weekend my friends.

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

The calender keeper of the GoG has asked me about two dates :

4th July falls in the first weekend of July . I think it will be moved then, but is that right?

Is it in the weekend of 31 July - 1 August or on 7-8 August ,which would be during Mysterium? I would say first option with so it is not during Mysterium

but I can't really deicde that so you any ideas?

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I recommend asking these questions on the MOUL forum, either in a PM to Marcus Wheeler or as a post in the Cavern Events section.  But, I offer these points to consider:

1. The 4th of July is not an international holiday.  If the rule were to avoid all first weekends with holidays, we'd need to honor national holidays around the entire globe.  So, someone needs to decide if July 4 is significant enough that the weekend should be skipped.

2. I agree with the idea of July 31/August 1, and avoiding the date for Mysterium.

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

i told him to ask it in the topic. I had compeletly forgotten that it existed, since I always expect people to thoroughly check first or there isn't a topic about it already.  :headdesk:

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a

Guys i want ask if this is going to be done or not?

It hs passed about 2 or 3 weeks and i see noone there.

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

It is going to be in the weekend of 1-2 may I suppose

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Yes, it is done once a month, on the first week of the month.

Hopefully we will also have an All Guilds Meeting

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Here we are!!

This weekend there will be a Kirel Guild Fair, tentatively with an All Guilds Meeting too. All the informations are posted on the front page.

Now, here is the usual poll for the GoMe presence in Kirel over the weekend: http://www.doodle.com/3zk4t695ppe4qc3i

:D

All the hours are in KITime

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Oct 29 2007

I'm moving out on the first so I can't make it then... for the second, I don't want to commit because I could be busy all day (first day in a new town).... I guess I'll lend a hand if I'm available.

Kalypso: #85553

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008

I didn't put any times on the calendar, but I'll be popping in for some hours to serve on saturday and sunday when I'm not visiting trinket markets with friends in France (I'm taking laptop with me).

I'll try to fill in the blanks on European day/evening hours.

Is it wise to ask for KImails/info on (other) guilds and groups to send beforehand to Leonardo for example, so we could have some things to distribute on other guilds when they're not in (yet)?

grtz, blutec

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

I can probably come the hours I filled in and might also be able to do times from 0:00-4:00 KI time, but I'm not sure, really. I'll pop in when I can, but last guild weekend  wasn't really busy (read : no one there) around those times anyway.

Irissa
Imagen de Irissa
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Mar 18 2010

I'm sick and therefor can't commit to any specific time. I will however, pop in and spend time when I am able.

-Irissa

GoMe_Irissa KI# 04058618

Irissa KI# 03367521

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

BTW would it be alright if I recruit actively for the newspaper? It is a bit short to make one, but people tend to ask after it and we have half a team already. So this might be a good time to bring it up again. 

I mean asking around by the people who might be interested , posting on more forums etc.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Yes of course, it's time to actively recruit or we'll never have a complete team

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ago 18 2008

Yes, definitely! It's nice to know people are asking after it.

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a

Leonardo wrote:

Yes of course, it's time to actively recruit or we'll never have a complete team

but tell us the link for us to know the hours this weekend if u guys still interest in joining for weekends.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

The link is posted on my previous post.

Here it is: http://www.doodle.com/3zk4t695ppe4qc3i

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

I don't think this time we need to set shifts for the Weekend since there are no overlapping people with just one exception of me and Lunanne at 13.00-14.00 on Saturday, but that's the hour of the All Guilds Meeting.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

By the way, when I look at that listing on Doodle, it is not clear to me if the times are in KI time or if Doodle is showing times for my local time.  I am guessing it is KI time?

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Yes, all KITime.

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a

Im afraid that i canot come this weekend guys.

best of luck in the meeeting on weekend there m8s

Julee D
Imagen de Julee D
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Mar 1 2010

Hi - I'm in Kirel now - it's very quiet.  For those who came before me, how was traffic?  How was the all-Guilds meeting?

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I stopped in around 12:30 KI time and stayed until 2, for the first part of the Guilds and Groups meeting.  There was a nicely sized crowd attending.

I'll be around at 8 Pacific, 9 KI time for my shift in Kirel.

Julee D
Imagen de Julee D
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Mar 1 2010

I'm very glad to hear it was populated!  Did anyone get a log of what went on, does anyone know?

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

I was there for almost the whole Meeting. It was very good, I'll post a chatlog soon.

Here are the significant parts that come to my mind:

The Meeting started with some discussions of the Guild of Writers since it was the topic being discussed in Kirel before the Meeting started. It mainly covered their disappointment for not being fully recognized by Cyan and then they talked a bit about the projects being developed by the Writers.

Then there were the Maintainers, currently they don't seem very active with special projects or recruitment, they just keep testing the Ages.

Then it was our time, we mainly talked about what we're doing now. We may have gained a joint project with the Writer Kaelis Ebonrai who is developing a social Age. His plans would be to create something that would support our work in the Cavern. I also talked about CES and our project with OHB.

Then there was OHB talking about the Greeters. They have recently updated their tutorials and walkthroughs. There were many questions about why the applications for becoming a Greeter are still closed, there seemed to be many people interested in applying, OHB said he would have brought up this point to the Guild.
He also tallked about the "Guild of Robots", his future plans for OHBot (there will be a Meeting next week) and he presented his new project called BabelBot, which is not a bot like OHBot, it is more a program that automatically translates what one is saying, it runs on the individual machines so it requires installation. There was much excitement for this, it seems the international community wants more and more support.

There were no Cartographers or Archivists.

At the end there was space left for the Guild of Librarians which is a group (currently count just one person) with the purpose of being a central place for storing and sharing KI objects like Marker Quests, KIpics or KImails. We could work with them.

At the end there was a little concert from Ranting Thespian. I don't know if URURemix came back for playing some remixes of the Myst and Uru soundtracks.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a